I know how irritating it becomes when you encounter an “Unknown Error Occurred”. I have been there too and figured out the best possible solutions. That is why I’m here with the solutions of “Quicken Oops”, or “Unknown error” or “Check Internet Connection” error. This error is also known as unable to sign in error.
A quicken is a software where you can manage your personal financial data and items. Quicken is available for Windows, Macintosh, DOS, and Apple II operating systems. Sometimes you can find an “An unknown error has occurred, please try to connect later.” -message while using Quicken. But there is nothing to worry about. This is a minor issue from the server. If you wait for 24-48 hours, this issue will be gone automatically. But if you see that even after waiting for 24-48 hours, the issue persists, then you should follow the instruction given below.
3 Quick Steps to Fix Quicken Unknown Error Occurred Quickly
Follow the given instruction to resolve Quicken Unknown error.
STEP ONE: Make sure if your Quicken is up-to-date
- Firstly, go to Help and click About Us.
- Check out the new updates of Quicken. If you are using an old version, download the latest one.
- After downloading the new version, click on the exe file.
- Click Run and install the software in your system.
- Click yes and then update
- After the update, click on Start Quicken
STEP TWO: You can fix this error simply by uninstall and reinstall Quicken. If you are using
Quicken for Windows 10 and Quicken for Windows 8 check out the instructions below.
- Press Windows key + R from your system keyboard
- Type control panel in the run box
- Click programs
- Then click programs and features
- Look for Quicken on the program list, when you see it, click on it
- Find the uninstall from the menu bar at the top
- Click yes
If you are using Quicken support for Windows 7, follow these steps
- Click on the start icon from your menu
- When you find search program and files, type run and then press enter
- Or you can also follow the steps given in Windows 10, and Windows 8 section.
Reinstall Quicken for Windows
After uninstalling the Quicken, you can reinstall it again to prevent Quicken unable to sign in error. To reinstall the Quicken on your Windows, follow the simple steps given below.
- Go to the official website: www.quicken.com
- To Sign in click on to my account
- Type your Quicken ID and password correctly
- Click on sign in button
- Follow the on-screen instruction to sign into your customer portal
- After sign into your my account, go to plan details
- Click on to download for windows
- The installation process will now begin
- Once the install Wizard launched, click on the let’s go button
- Click on install now
- Click on done and the Quicken Software will be now launched
- Type your Quicken ID and password
- You have to complete the 6-digit verification process
- After completing the verification, follow the on-screen instructions.
Reasons for Quicken Oops Unknown Error
Let’s have a look at why this error can occur
- Because of slow internet connection
- Maybe you are using an old version of Quicken
- Or maybe you have not installed it properly.
Whatever the cause is, I know your Quicken is running smoothly now after following the quick resolution steps. If the problem still persists, let me know via the comment section below.